Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Vampire Weekend at Dawn of 2010

I don't get the recent rise in popularity of all things vampire. This is the only vampire I care about, and we finally have some info about the followup to their brilliant self-titled debut. 'Contra' is due out Jan. 12 on XL, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. Here's the tracklist:

1. Horchata
2. White Sky
3. Holiday
4. California English
5. Taxi Cab
6. Run
7. Cousins
8. Giving Up the Gun
9. Diplomat's Son
10. I Think Ur a Contra

As I wrote back in June: I'm really hoping the band doesn't have the sophomore slump Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Tapes 'n Tapes and other Internet sensations have had in recent years. So far, I have heard live versions of "White Sky" and "Run", and it doesn't seem I have much to worry about. While we wait for the new year, here is some Vampire Weekend to fill the hole.

My Fave Five
1.Vampire Weekend - Ottoman (mp3) (from 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist')
2.Vampire Weekend - White Sky (mp3) (from 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon')
3.Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof (mp3) (from 'Vampire Weekend')
4.Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (mp3) (from 'Vampire Weekend')
5.Vampire Weekend - Everywhere (mp3) (live Fleetwood Mac cover)

No comments: