Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Here Comes The Wake


The Wake's second (and last) album for the Factory label,
'Here Comes Everybody,' from 1985, showcases the Glasgow-based band at its very best. I strongly disagree with the following assessment, but some have criticized the Wake for being no more than a two-bit New Order. I'll let you be the judge. The album opener is below.

LTM reissued most of the Wake's discography about a decade ago (including the Sarah years), complete with the band's stellar singles as bonus tracks. These are among my most treasured albums. I was surprised when I recently read the Wake reunited. I'm curious... anybody out there hear 'A Light Far Out' from earlier this year?

Tomorrow I'll showcase another band that has made a new album after hibernating for several years.

The Wake - O Pamela (mp3)

No comments: