Thursday, March 19, 2015

Seems Like Old Times

I have four albums by the Monochrome Set... the first four. Love 'em, but this means my most recent album is 30 years old. There is a new one out this week, the third since reuniting (again) about four years ago. Most reviews I have seen of 'Spaces Everywhere' have been mixed (at best). I would have just left it at that and enjoyed an evening listening to 'Eligible Bachelors' in complete contentment, but then I watched the video for "Iceman" the other day. As I listened, it felt like three decades just disappeared. Wouldn't this song have fit in quite nicely on 'The Lost Weekend?" Thanks to Lester, Bid and the rest of the bunch. I'm all in... again.


6 comments:

The Swede said...

Monochrome Set played a session for Marc Riley on 6Music earlier in the week. Catch it while it's on the iPlayer.

george said...

If this is in ANY way typical of the album I think we're in for a real treat.

Anonymous said...

I like this monochrome set a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTFW9f3kmc

Brian said...

Thanks for letting me know, Swede. I may not have access over here, but I'm going to check for sure.

George, I hope you're right. I'll let you know.

Echorich said...

2013's Super Plastic City was a welcome slice of Monochrome Pop - which we all know is quite colorful indeed.
This one is high on my list for 2015 which has already surprised with an amazing Marc Almond album as well as American Indie band Lower Dens.

Brian said...

Echorich, I should have known you would have kept up with them. Super Plastic City will be added to my list now too. I wonder what the story is with the label change between these two albums...