Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Song and Video From Mates of State

We've got lots of news about the new Mates of State album for you. 'Mountaintops' will be released Sept. 13 via Barsuk. The label has made a song available for download. Check out the very fun video for "Maracas," and then download the song from the widget. Both can be found below. The first dates for the band's tour are also out. Find those here. I'm very late to the Mates of State party, but I fell for them in a big way last year with 'Crushes,' perhaps the best covers album I have ever heard. If you don't believe me, check out my top 10 albums list from 2010. For you longtime fans, these are heady days. Mates of State haven't had an album of original recordings since 'Re-Arrange Us' in 2008. I can't wait for this one.













'Mountaintops' Tracklist
1. Palomino
2. Maracas
3. Sway
4. Unless I'm Led
5. Total Serendipity
6. Basement Money
7. At Least I Have You
8. Desire
9. Change
10. Mistakes

No comments: