Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tunes Inspired By 'Toons: Part 2

I haven't seen 'The SpongBob SquarePants Movie,' but at least I have seen the cartoon a few times on Nick. I bought the soundtrack because I was a Wilco and Flaming Lips fanatic when this album came out in 2004. Like many soundtracks, there is a lot of filler here. If you have kids, they may actually enjoy some of it. If you are into the same bands I like -- and I assume you are or you wouldn't be here -- the five songs below are all you need from this one. Surprisingly, the soundtrack is still in print, and you can purchase it here. Now I'm going to have "who lives in a pineapple under the sea" running in my head all day. Curses!

The Flaming Lips - SpongeBob & Patrick Confront The Psychic Wall Of Energy (mp3)
Wilco - Just A Kid (mp3)
The Shins - They'll Soon Discover (mp3)
Ween - Ocean Man (mp3)
Motorhead - You Better Swim (mp3)

No comments: