Friday, December 6, 2013

When the Wife's Away, Scritti Politti Will Play

Mrs. LTL! is on the road again. That can only mean one thing: I can spin the hits of Green Gartside without all of that eye rolling. In an earlier installment, nearly a year ago, I posted the UK 12" of "Perfect Way." That "extended mix" is superior to the 12" version we were fed here in America. The "Way Perfect Mix" is more or less the album version with a longer intro and some bells and whistles thrown in for a spell at the 3:15 mark. Still a great song, to be sure, but not nearly as experimental as the UK take. That's my humble opinion, but why don't you be the judge? If you click on the link above, I have uploaded the UK version again on the original post. You'll find the American version below. The wife will be out of town again next week. So, chances are we will give another one of Scritti Politti's 12" singles a listen soon.

Scritti Politti - Perfect Way (Way Perfect Mix) (mp3)

2 comments:

Echorich said...

Have to admit I was dancing around the living room to Wood Beez just the other night... My Boston Terrier just puts her paws over her eyes and lets me get on with it...

george said...

Great production, just what you need in pop songs. Off to find the other version/mix.