Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Spin From Sarah


Cold. Rainy. Dark. That's how this day began. I piled it on by rolling over and playing this one. OK, you sad sacks, let's get melancholy. "Gotta get up off the floor..."

The stable of Sarah Records' "stars" was vast, but I think I might like Brighter the best. A decade ago, Matinée Recordings gathered the band's three singles and the 'Disney' 10" EP on one wonderful disc and called it 'Singles 1989-1982.' Sadly, it is no longer in print, but you can still get some of Brighter's work from the label.
'Out To Sea' collects the essential 'Laurel' eight-track mini-album with hard-to-find flexidiscs and several songs that have never been heard before this 2006 compilation. I give this my highest recommendation.

Sorry, didn't mean to brighten the day. Back to sulking and song.

Brighter - Inside Out (mp3)

No comments: