Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stream the New Wilco Single

You might remember a while back Wilco announced it was starting its own label, called dBpm. Well, here is the first piece of fruit from that labor. If you were lucky enough to be at the Wilco-curated Solid Sound festival in Massachusetts this weekend, then you probably picked up Wilco's new 7" single, "I Might" b/w the Nick Lowe cover "I Love My Label." It won't be available to the rest of us until its released digitally on July 19. A few industrious bloggers, however, have both of these songs posted for streaming. Check them out below. Although Wilco has fallen out of favor with me a bit since the classics 'Summerteeth' and 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot,' it's still an event to hear something new from the band. And I have to say, I love what I'm hearing here. As a bonus, I'm going to include Lowe's original. I have it on a few records, including 'The Wilderness Years' and the Stiff Records box set.

Go to Cover Me to hear Wilco's take on "I Love My Label."

Nick Lowe - I Love My Label (mp3)

Wilco - I Might by ListenBeforeYouBuy

No comments: