Friday, February 24, 2012

Blubberin' 'Bout Sea Lions

If you aren't a fan of Orange Juice and/or the C86 movement, then you probably wouldn't be here. You're also probably aware Slumberland is just about the best label out there for landing today's C86-influenced bands. Well, they have done it again. A few months ago they released the full-length debut from Oxnard, Calif.,-based band Sea Lions, and I am digging it more than anything I have heard so far this year. If I hadn't been so late to the party, I'm sure they would have been near the top of my best of 2011 list.

Do yourself a favor and download a few tunes from the widget below. If you do that, I won't need to remind you to then go out and buy 'Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sea Lions But Were Afraid to Ask.' Close Lobsters are no longer the only fish in this sea.

Sea Lions - Everything... LP Sampler by Slumberland Records

1 comment:

George said...

Re. Hoodoo Gurus, I purchased a compilationa few years ago, and belting stuff it is too. It has the excellent JoJo Never Made it to Darwen.