Friday, February 3, 2012

Best Big Country B-Sides

This is my last post before I'm off to Scotland to see Big Country at Barrowland. The blog will be static for a week or so, but I thought I would leave you with a little mix of my favorite flip sides from Big Country singles. The band had a couple of clunkers ("Bass Dance" and "Flag of Nations (Swimming)" come to mind), but I would place most of their B-sides alongside their best work. I apologize in advance if the sound quality is not up to snuff. These were ripped from my vinyl several years ago... before I got a little better quality USB turntable. If you want the best sound available, here's a reminder. You can get many of these songs when the deluxe edition of 'The Crossing' is released next week. For you vinyl enthusiasts, check out a sneak preview of the packaging below. Stay alive!



My Favorite Big Country B-Sides
Big Country - Balcony (mp3) (from the "Harvest Home" single)
Big Country - Angle Park (mp3) (from the "Fields of Fire" single)
Big Country - All of Us (mp3) (from the "In a Big Country" single)
Big Country - The Crossing (mp3) (from the "Chance" single)
Big Country - Prairie Rose (mp3) (from the "East of Eden" single)
Big Country - Winter Sky (mp3) (from the "Just a Shadow" single)

No comments: