Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cover Me Impressed: Halloween Edition

Let's follow up last year's "Like, a Totally Awesome '80s Halloween Mix" with some covers and their originals that fit the occasion. Yes, there are a couple of repeats here, but there are more treats than tricks. Cross my heart... The real curiosity of the group is keyboard wizard Steve Nieve of the Attractions doing a take on my favorite Specials tune. I think there is a pretty good chance you don't have that one. I bought it nearly 20 years ago on a two-for-one disc of his two solo albums, 'Keyboard Jungle' (1983) and 'Playboy' (1987). I hope you enjoy it. Be safe this weekend.

The Strangeloves - I Want Candy (mp3)
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy (mp3)

The Specials - Ghost Town (12" Version) (mp3)
Steve Nieve - Ghost Town (mp3)

The Psychedelic Furs - The Ghost in You (mp3)
Robyn Hitchcock - The Ghost in You (mp3)

The Doors - People Are Strange (mp3)
Echo & the Bunnymen - People Are Strange (mp3)

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put A Spell On You (mp3)
She & Him - I Put A Spell On You (mp3)

No comments: