Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LPs for a Lincoln and Spoon News


What would you rather have, a really bland foot-long sandwich from a national chain or an entire album from the likes of Nick Lowe, Liam Finn or Apples in Stereo? Yep Roc has an amazing sale going on through Aug. 28. The label is selling 100 full-length digital albums from their back catalog for $5 each. There are several great deals, but here are my Top 6 I think everyone should own:

Go-Betweens - Oceans Apart
Paul Weller - 22 Dreams
Liam Finn - I'll Be Lightning
Apples in Stereo - New Magnetic Wonder
Nick Lowe - At My Age
Robert Forster - The Evangelist

Here are a couple of songs to sway you.
Go-Betweens - Here Comes a City (mp3)
Paul Weller - 22 Dreams (mp3)

In other news, about six weeks ago I reviewed the latest from Spoon and mentioned the Austin band would be playing three shows at Stubb's in mid-July. I haven't had the privilege of hearing anything from those concerts, but now we all can. Britt Daniels and the boys are selling the shows as digital downloads in either DRM-free MP3 256kbps or FLAC formats for $15 and $20 respectivly. Check out the tracklists and other info at the Spoon store.

No comments: