Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Now Here's a Christmas Card

Make that a Postcard! This was the first time since I was 12 that I didn't get an album for Christmas, but I can't complain too much after receiving this surprise. This print of the Postcard logo came from Edwyn Collins and James Endeacott's AED Records, and it took longer to ship from the UK than Mrs. LTL thought it would. I did get to open it on Christmas morning, however, and we just got it back from the framers a few days ago. It came out beautifully and really classes up the music room, I can tell you. My wife. I think I'll keep her.

To celebrate, let's listen to Postcard 81/5. "Chance Meeting" was the last of three singles Josef K released for Alan Horne's label. According to my trusty copy of 'Indie Hits 1980-1989: The Complete U.K. Independent Charts', the song entered the chart on May 16, 1981, peaking at No. 12. Speaking of the pride of Edinburgh, to all of my pals in Scotland, enjoy your snow day. I have Sky News on as I ready myself for bed, and it looks like you're waking up in a winter wonderland.

"Chance Meeting"
"Pictures (Of Cindy)"

10 comments:

drew said...

Bloody schools off and can't get the car out of the drive. I hate snow but love your print. You have a good one there in your better half Bri

Unknown said...

Music AND an adorable wee kitty - what's not to love?!?!?

The Swede said...

What an excellent present Brian. Looks great.

Charity Chic said...

Over 3 hours to drive the 18 miles home from work last night Brian. Nightmare!
like the print

C said...

Absolutely love the print and just so perfect for you. Huge respect to the lovely Mrs LTL!

Swiss Adam said...

What they all said.
Not enough snow down here.

Brian said...

I should have added how much the mature lady at the frame shop just went on and on about that cute kitty. I started feeling a little uncomfortable realizing she thought we were both cat crazy. So crazy that I would have pictures of cats all over the walls. I like cats,
but...

Thanks for all of the kind words everybody!

JC said...

You, my dear boy, are a very lucky chap as Mrs LTL is truly a wonderful human being. But you know that.

Not just Edinburgh that's covered in snow over here - actually thw snow is fine, its' the black ice that forms when the temperature plummets overnight that's the bugger.

Great tune. But you knew I'd say that.

Alyson said...

Don't normally drop by your place but I see that most of the other blogging chums do and I can see why - What a great present and as you say all the better for having been professionally framed. You were born on the wrong continent it seems Brian!

Brian said...

Hi Alyson. Hope everything is going OK in your world. Your thought about being born on the wrong continent has been suggested before, and I must agree. Thanks for stopping by.