Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Save Your Shekels For These Pending LPs

We are about to be hit with a flurry of intriguing new releases. Here a few that have caught my ear because the labels have been kind enough to give us a little listen. This list doesn't include the new David Bowie (since I posted about that already), OMD (fellas, how about a full song for streaming?) or reissues (by the likes of the Breeders and Primitives) out in the next few months. We also seem to be inching closer to a new Strokes album* (here is a song for download), as well as something from Big Country. I'll give my favorite band from my youth its own post soon. In the meantime, enjoy these:

Veronica Falls
'Waiting for Something to Happen'
Release Date: Feb. 12 in the U.S., next week just about everywhere else





Kid Canaveral
'Now That You Are a Dancer' (not ready for preorder)
Release Date: March 4



Chris Stamey
'Lovesick Blues'
Release Date: Feb. 5



Johnny Marr
'The Messenger'
Release Date: Feb. 26



* Jan. 30 Update: New album from the Strokes announced today. 'Comedown Machine' will be out March 26.

1 comment:

Echorich said...

I suspect it's going to be a pretty good year for music, but much as I try, I just can't get into the Johnny Marr...