Wednesday, January 30, 2013

B-Side From the Sugarcubes

This song is taken from a promo U.S. 12" of the "Motorcrash" single, circa 1988. On the surface, pretty unspectacular. DJ cover (see above) with no information whatsoever. The A-side is taken straight from the 'Life's Too Good' album. It's two minutes of heaven, to be sure, but I like my 12" singles to be extended. The only reason I picked it up was to hear the live version on the flipside. This is Exhibit A in my argument that the Sugarcubes were pretty damn good on stage. Yes, this piece of vinyl was well worth the $1.99 I paid for it.

The Sugarcubes - Motorcrash (Live) (mp3)

2 comments:

Grebo Guru said...

The only time I got to see them on a stage (and it was a large stage! opening for New Order), Bjork sat on the stage and refused to perform because she felt the audience weren't "into it".
Awesome blog, btw!

Brian said...

Wow, Grebo Guru, a Sugarcubes/New Order show sounds like a dream to me, but what a diva move by Bjork! Wonder what Peter Hook thought about that? Thanks for commenting. Stop by again when you can.