Monday, October 15, 2018

Covered By Lush (Part 1)

Life tells me to make these quickies all week. Going all in with Miki and Emma and the songs they have covered. Their choices make me love Lush all the more. If I have the original, I'll include it. Let's start with one that's impossible to dislike. Wire's "Outdoor Miner" is a B-side from the "For Love" 10" and 12", Lush's third single or EP from the 'Spooky' era. Some early fans didn't like the LP because it seemed like producer Robin Guthrie had usurped Lush's sound and made them another Cocteau Twins. Bah, I say! Love this period. Anyway, "Outdoor Miner" was not produced by Guthrie. Apologies for the scratchy original from my aging 7", but I wanted to hear this version instead of the one on 'Chairs Missing' today. Another Lush cover tomorrow.

Wire - Outdoor Miner (7")
Lush - Outdoor Miner (B-side)

4 comments:

C said...

Love this idea for a series, inspired. And love this cover of an already great song (hadn't heard the Lush version before, so thank you). It really suits them.

Echorich said...

Great version to start things off!

Swiss Adam said...

Count me in.

Brian said...

Thanks, everyone. It occurs to me it could be downhill from here for some of you. Perhaps I should have saved Wire until the end and teased it all week.