Sunday, May 15, 2016

Seven-Year Itch

You turn 7 today, dear blog. There have been many ups... and some downs too. In darker moments there have been thoughts of chucking the whole relationship and just walking. Things have gotten heated, and I'm not proud that I have raised my voice to you a few times. There may have even been a monitor shake or two, but I get so frustrated with you. Oh, the technical glitches! Yes, I admit my eyes have wandered to other blogs, but it's OK if I just look, right? I suppose I do leave comments occasionally, but it's nothing too suggestive. Uh, I guess that's not true. I recommend records at other places all of the time. And there was that guest post at JC's place, but I only did it once. I swear.

I know. We used to be together almost every day. Now I only pay attention to you a few times a week. You didn't really think I could keep up that passion, did you? I have read these feelings crop up around the seven-year mark. It's normal. I have a mess of new music to write about this week, and that will help. You know how that always gets the blood pumpin'. You know what you need? We'll reminisce about the good times. Let's listen to one of our favorite songs from each year we've been together. Don't worry. We'll get through this. Just so long as your know-it-all parent stays out of our business. Damn that Google!

2009

2010

2011

2012

2013

2014

2015

13 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Keep on keeping on Brian
Seven years? Good man

kevinpat said...

What he said. ^^^^^

TheRobster said...

Ha! Great post. Happy Anniversary. Here's to the next seven!

Echorich said...

Happy Anniversary Brian and LTL. Thank you for the fellowship, the conversation, the discovery and the rattling of memories...

drew said...

Happy belated Anniversary Brian. Seven yrs of doing this ain't as easy as it looks.

The Swede said...

In the relatively short space of time since I stumbled on your gaff, you've pointed me in the direction of a considerable amount of music I'd either forgotten about, hadn't previously heard or couldn't imagine living without. Please give it a rest - my bank manager's having palpitations.
Seriously though, congratulations Brian - here's to the next seven years!

friend of Rachel worth said...

Having given up the ghost myself I tip my hat to you

Brian said...

Thanks for the love, gents. I love our little community. Makes it all worth it.

Dirk said...

Happy birthday, Brian! I honestly do hope there's much much more to come from you, 'cos I enjoy what you post a great deal!

Swiss Adam said...

Happy blog birthday Brian. Great work.

Jez said...

Happy belated blogging Birthday Brian! Keep it up mate

Brian said...

Thank you Dirk, Adam and Jez. You fellas keep up the good work too. Dirk, we are all ready for another appearance when you can.

JC said...

Fuck.

You're exceptionally good at what you do.

Belated happy birthday.