Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hear New Song From the High Llamas

It has been four long years since Sean O'Hagan and his blokes have graced the new-releases board, but the wait is almost over. 'Talahomi Way' comes our way April 19 via Drag City, and I couldn't be more excited. Two of High Llamas' albums, 'Hawaii' and 'Beet, Maize & Corn,' are among my favorite albums of all time. I still haven't got around to assembling a best records of the '90s list, but I can say with confidence that 'Hawaii' would make my top 10. As for 'Beet, Maize & Corn,' well, you can
see for yourself how much I love that one. These days, I seem to like the less electronic side of the band, and I'm hoping the new one follows this trend like their last couple of albums. You can already pre-order 'Talahomi Way' right here. While we wait for the April 19 release, Drag City has given us the following song to sample. Enjoy.

The High Llamas - Fly Baby, Fly (mp3)

'Talahomi Way' Tracklist
1. Berry Adams
2. Wander, Jack Wander
3. Take My Hand
4. Woven and Rolled
5. The Ring of Gold
6. Talahomi Way
7. Fly Baby, Fly
8. Angel Connector
9. To the Abbey
10. A Rock in May
11. Crazy Connector
12. Calling Up, Ringing Down

No comments: