Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Single From The Lodger

The past week has been new-release nirvana. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Dum Dum Girls and Harlem are just a few of the standouts, but I'm most excited that today the Lodger released the first single from its first album since 2008. How much do I love this band? 'Grown-Ups,' the Lodger's debut from back in 2007, was No. 32 on my list of favorite albums of the last decade. The critics seemed to like the followup, 'Life Is Sweet,' even better. I give my highest recommendation to both of them... especially if, like me, you are a fanatic of bands like Orange Juice, the Housemartins, Aztec Camera and Cats on Fire.

You can stream the new single, "Have a Little Faith in People," below. Once you have done that, click here for links to download it. It's the best way to spend 99 cents of your hard-earned dough. What the heck! Spring for the two B-sides, too. The only downside is you will love these so much that the next few weeks will become sheer agony as you wait for the album, 'Flashbacks,' to come out on April 27, via Slumberland Records.

Have A Little Faith In People by The Lodger

No comments: