Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho-Ho-Ho, Hipsters!

Well, this holiday season we've listened to the Rat Pack, Phil Spector, Beach Boys and much more. All told, I have posted more than 50 songs. If not for the heavy emphasis on all things Brian Wilson, this would have made a heck of a huge mix. I'm concluding my holiday posts with a mix that sounds like something you would hear on 'The OC' if that show was still around. In fact, one of these songs is from an old 'OC' Chrismukkah CD. Although this year wasn't a good one for the quantity of new holiday songs, the quality was excellent. I have included a couple hot off the record presses. Also, if you're a Blondie fan, download a new song for the season right here. Check back a little later in the week for my list of fave 2009 albums before I go on holiday.

Yo La Tengo - It's Christmas Time (mp3)
Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today (mp3)
Orange Juice - Holiday Hymn (mp3)
Camera Obscura - The Blizzard (mp3)
Belle & Sebastian - Santa, Bring My Baby Back To Me (mp3)
Jens Lekman - Run Away With Me (mp3)
Apples In Stereo - Holiday Mood (mp3)
The dB's - Christmas Time (mp3)
OK Go - Father Christmas (mp3)
The Long Winters - Christmas With You Is The Best (mp3)

More Holiday Tunes From Linear Tracking Lives!
Like, Totally '80s Tunes on My Holiday List
Singer-Songwriters In Your Stockings
Brian Wilson Is What I Want For Christmas
'Tis the Season For Wall of Sound
Holiday Harmonies From the Beach Boys
Holidays With the Rat Pack
Holiday Gifts For You From NRBQ

No comments: