Monday, May 27, 2019

Summertime!

Linear Tracking Lives turned 10 a couple of weeks ago, and I let the anniversary pass without a word because, well, I haven't been posting with the same vim and vigor. I figured, why celebrate when my heart hasn't been it? That feeling has passed. I have changed my mind. Here goes. Ten years! Yay, me! Now on with our regularly scheduled program.

What a smile the Drums' "Summertime" EP was during that first year of the blog. I just looked, and there were two songs from it on my Festive 50 that year. I bet you didn't know that. In fact, I'm positive you didn't because nobody read the blog in 2009. That's not much of an exaggeration, and I have to say it didn't bother me a bit. I never really went into this thing thinking there would be an audience. It was a lark, really. I just love going on about pop music and needed an outlet.

I have never been on social media. I have never used any search engine optimization. In other words, if a reader did find Linear Tracking Lives, that person either did some digging, happened upon it by accident or got a recommendation from some other entity, such as a blogger or social media user, who found it, liked it and promoted it in some way. To those who have helped get the word out, I thank you. Turns out blogging is quite a bit more fun when someone sees it and reacts. Along the way I have met so many great people in person or online. Some of us have the same taste, but quite a few of us don't. We are like a Venn diagram that barely intersects, and that tiny overlap is enough common ground for us to get along and learn from each other. I love that, don't you?

Linear Tracking Lives will shut down at some point... but not today. There is still a little fuel left in the tank, by God! I'm excited about so many new releases and reissues right now, and I'm looking forward to the Saturday Subway series that just started. And maybe the next inspired idea is right around the corner. All I have to do is go over to the shelf and start thumbing through my records. That doesn't sound bad at all, does it?

I do go on and on. Back to the Drums. I didn't stick with them all that long, but "Summertime" really was a keeper. Happy summer. See you next time. Thanks for reading.

Saddest Summer
Let's Go Surfing

6 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Well done on the decade Brian - an epic achievement.
Good to see you’ve got your mojo back

drew said...

Well done Brian. Always worth reading and informative. Keep up the good work

Pop Judge said...

For knowing that someone in this world
Feels as desperate as me
And what you give is what you get

Seems almost appropriate for some reason.

Rol said...

Happy anniversary, Brian. Here's to another ten.

Alyson said...

Well done on the 10 years Brian - I doubt if any of us would be able to keep going if not for the two-way chat with our fellow bloggers however. The enthusiasm can ebb and flow but the "community" makes it all worthwhile.

Dirk said...

Happy anniversary, mate! Cool tunes, as usual!