Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Songs in Cinema: '(500) Days of Summer'


In my mind, the most-anticipated soundtrack of the summer-movie season is out this week... and so is the film. The anti-love story '(500) Days of Summer' stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. In other words, there is an actor for me and Mrs. Linear Tracking Lives! I have no idea if this movie will be any good, but I know the music is getting two thumbs up... way up! For me, the best moment is She & Him covering The Smiths. I have read this version of the song is not really in the movie, but I don't care. Give it a listen. Check out the tracklist too. It's a great mix of '80s memories and presently relevant indie performers.

She & Him - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want (mp3)

Tracklist:
1. Mychael Danna And Rob Simonsen - "A Story Of Boy Meets Girl"
2. Regina Spektor - "Us"
3. The Smiths - "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"
4. Black Lips - "Bad Kids"
5. The Smiths - "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"
6. Doves - "There Goes The Fear"
7. Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"
8. The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
9. Carla Bruni - "Quelqu'un M'a Dit"
10. Feist - "Mushaboom"
11. Regina Spektor - "Hero"
12. Simon & Garfunkel - "Bookends"
13. Wolfmother - "Vagabond"
14. Mumm-Ra - "She's Got You High"
15. Meaghan Smith - "Here Comes Your Man"
16. She & Him - "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"

No comments: