Friday, July 10, 2009

First Listen: The Clientele and Arctic Monkeys


This continues to be a great week for new music. Merge has announced The Clientele's fifth record, 'Bonfires on the Heath', will be released on Oct. 6. I ranked these dry, '60's-influenced Brits No. 8 on my list of favorite Merge artists, and you can download my favorite song by the band right here. The following new song does exactly what a leaked tune is supposed to do... make you want to run out and buy it. Here is the tracklist, too.

1. I Wonder Who We Are
2. Bonfires on the Heath
3. Harvest Time
4. Never Anyone But You
5. Jennifer & Julia
6. Sketch
7. Tonight
8. Share the Night
9. I Know I'll See Your Face
10. Never Saw Them Before
11. Graven Wood
12. Walking In The Park

The Clientele - I Wonder Who We Are (mp3)


I have been a big fan of the Arctic Monkeys' snotty neo-punk since they debuted with 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' back in 2006. They have not let me down yet, and by the sound of this leaked song from the upcoming Domino release, 'Humbug', we are in for another really good time. It's amazing how big these guys are in the UK. Imagine Oasis back in the '90s. Could this be the one that explodes stateside? Check out the cover artwork above, and turn this one way up. 'Humbug' hits the streets Aug. 25. Here is the tracklist:

1. My Propeller
2. Crying Lightning
3. Dangerous Animals
4. Secret Door
5. Potion Approaching
6. Fire And The Thud
7. Cornerstone
8. Dance Little Liar
9. Pretty Visitors
10. The Jeweller's Hands

Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning (mp3)

No comments: