Saturday, July 25, 2009

Premature Apple Pickin'

As I mentioned earlier this month, Apples in Stereo are getting the "best of" treatment from Yep Roc with '#1 Hits Explosion'. The tracklist for the Sept. 1 release just came out:

1. Energy
2. Go
3. Strawberryfire
4. Tidal Wave (Radio Remix)
5. Please
6. The Rainbow
7. Seems So
8. Same Old Drag
9. The Bird That You Cannot See
10. Shine a Light
11. 20 Cases Suggestive Of...
12. Ruby
13. Signal in the Sky (Let's Go)
14. Can You Feel It?
15. Winter Must Be Cold
16. Sun Is Out

I could argue for about a dozen other songs that should be included, but I understand it's a tough task to boil down a prolific 15-year career into a single-disc compilation. Even though the band is primarily known for three-minute pop gems, I have always found Robert Schneider's albums work best listened to from beginning to end anyway. My biggest disappointment is that the underappreciated 'Velocity of Sound' is represented with only one song. I'm going to make a mix of these songs to see how they work together. Pre-order and stream the album here.

Apples in Stereo - Go (mp3)

No comments: