Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Mitch Easter!

For a moment, let's pretend this is just another Easter. We always celebrate with something from our aptly-named musical hero. This year, let's go back to the label compilation Alan Betrock's Shake Records put out in 1981. 'Shake to Date' features, among others, the second-ever A-side from the dB's, solo material from that band's own Peter Holsapple and a couple from Richard Hell & the Voidoids. Here's one of two songs Mitch contributed...

Prying Eyes

I would be remiss if not mentioning since last Easter Mr. Easter was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame. Here's a nice bio that organization put together for the occasion. Belated congratulations, Mitch!

8 comments:

The Swede said...

There he is. I hope you and the family are keeping safe and well during these insane times and I'm heartened to find your Easter tradition is maintained in the face of such adversity. Take care my friend.

Rol said...

Happy Easter, Brian. Hope you're staying safe in these uncertain times.

Charity Chic said...

It’s good to see that in these troubled times that some traditions are still being maintained Brian!
Stay safe

Swiss Adam said...

Welcome back Brian. Was becoming a bit concerned about your absence.

Brian said...

Thanks for popping in, fellas. Much appreciated.

John Medd said...

He's risen.

C said...

Only just noticed this post Brian! Sorry to be so late but good to see you here again. I was reassured also by your presence in mine and other blogs' comment boxes :-)

Brian said...

I'm here, John. I'm still stopping in to your place when I can.

No worries, C. Yes, I am still keeping an eye on the blogs, but I'm so bogged down with teaching school to my kids that I have little energy to do much else.