Thursday, January 16, 2014

Curtain Call: Buzzcocks From 1979

Since, in our last installment, I went to the trouble of getting out the time machine to take in that XTC show from Down Under, I figured I may as well see a few more of my favorite bands while I'm here in 1979. So, let's swing by the Hammersmith Odeon on March 31. The incomparable Martin Rushent recorded this concert for Pete Shelley and his pals, and much later it became the 'Entertaining Friends' album. Sadly, it seems to be physically out of print, but it can still be purchased as a download. Here are a couple of my favorites from the Buzzcocks' canon. Next stop is Bethlehem, Penn., on April 12. Do you have any idea who played that night?

Buzzcocks - Everybody's Happy Nowadays (Live) (mp3)
Buzzcocks - What Do I Get? (mp3) (Live)

No comments: