Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bowie at 65

Yesterday, the "Thin White Duke," "Ziggy Stardust," or however you like to recall the great David Bowie, turned 65. He is now officially of retirement age, although he has appeared to have been out of work for several years now. His catalog of work is nearly without peer, and if he wants to call it quits, who can blame him? There is nothing left for him to prove. If this is, truly, the end of his recording career, he did not leave at the tippy-top of his game. In my humble opinion, however, he had rebounded quite nicely from several sub-par outings. 'Heathen' and 'Reality' are nice notes to go out on, I suppose, but I can't help but yearn for more. So, I give a rousing and belated "Happy Birthday" to you, Mr. Bowie. I hope your day was filled with celebration, but today I hope you decide to grace us with your tremendous talents once more.

I have been in trouble a time or two for posting songs by this, my favorite, artist, but I think I have gotten away with using songs from this live double album because it's a boot. Enjoy a couple of songs from the Glass Spider Tour, circa 1987.

David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (live) (mp3)
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (live) (mp3)

No comments: