Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A Little Less Jangle Today

Gutted. James Werle from Math and Physics Club has passed away. I don't know what to say, really, except he will be greatly missed. Jimmy from Matinée Recordings shot this footage of the band at Seattle record shop Sonic Boom in the summer of 2016, and I was standing right beside him, swaying and smiling all of the way. This is how I will remember James, playing my favorite song, "Jimmy Had a Polaroid." Rest easy, James. You will not be forgotten.

4 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Sad news Brian
So young

Phil in the Kitchen said...

Horrible news. 'We're So DIY' and 'Jimmy' are playing on repeat at the moment but I loved 'Lived Here Before' too and I was sure that there would be so many more fine things to come.

Brian said...

CC, So unfair. Got to be tough on his family.

Phil, Welcome. Wish it could be under different circumstances. Lived Here Before is sure to be in my top 10 albums of the year. I loved the previous album at least as much. In fact, after I hit the button on this post I had second thoughts about Jimmy being my favorite song. I Know It's Over may be the one. So Housemartins. I stopped by your place tonight. Really like your blog. If those are your food photos, you have quite an eye. I'll be back.

The Swede said...

This is very sad news, no age at all.