Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another Trip to Glasgow?

This is so very tempting. Just before bed last night I checked my email and found this little nugget sent from roddyframe.com. If I went all of the way over there for Big Country's 'The Crossing,' then how could I possibly reason passing this one up? Here was the message in its entirety:

High Land, Hard Rain 30th Anniversary Concerts

To commemorate The 30th Anniversary of the release of "HIGH LAND, HARD RAIN" and the impending re-release of the album on vinyl, Roddy and his band are playing 3 shows in December, where he will perform the album in it's entirety alongside songs from his catalogue.

Dates are

Sunday 1st London Theatre Royal Dury Lane,
Tuesday 3rd Manchester Bridgewater Hall,
Wednesday 4th Glasgow Royal Concert Hall


If you subscribe to Frame's email blasts, as I do, you can buy tickets through a presale right now. Otherwise, tickets go on sale to the public on Friday morning (that would be 2AM here in Seattle). This would be a big one for me... one of my favorite artists performing, perhaps, my favorite album of all time. So, after reading this news, I couldn't sleep. So many questions: Who is going to be "his band?" Will Frame perform the B-sides like Pixies did with 'Doolittle?' Better get going. I don't have much time to wear down Mrs. Linear Tracking Lives. It would be great if Frame pulled out this "Oblivious" flip side.

Aztec Camera - Orchid Girl (mp3)

1 comment:

Uncle E said...

Man, if you have the means, and don't go, I'd be disappointed and, oddly, a little mad at you! What an opportunity, and I hope you give us all a track by track breakdown...