Tuesday, December 29, 2009

She & Him to Cover the Q

By now you have no doubt heard that She & Him will release 'Volume Two' on March 23 via Merge. There are quite a few albums to look forward to in 2010, but this one tops my list. Zooey Deschanel wrote 11 originals, and the duo also cover NRBQ's 'Ridin' In My Car' and Skeeter Davis' 'Gonna Get Along Without You Now'. It is no secret NRBQ is one of my favorite bands, and this tune is one of their best. Al Anderson wrote it in '75 after listening to a lot of 'The Beach Boys Today'... and it shows. I can't wait to hear M. Ward's production on those harmonies. I have not seen a release date for the first single, but I have read the song will be "In The Sun". Check out the track list below, and give a listen to the Q. I love that all the hipsters will be humming this one in 2010!

NRBQ - Ridin' In My Car (mp3)
It's out of print, but you can still buy NRBQ's 'All Hopped Up'

Volume Two Track Listing:
1. Thieves
2. In the Sun
3. Don't Look Back
4. Ridin' in My Car
5. Lingering Still
6. Me and You
7. Gonna Get Along Without You Now
8. Home
9. I'm Gonna Make It Better
10. Sing
11. Over It Over Again
12. Brand New Shoes
13. If You Can't Sleep

No comments: