Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Imagine, John Lennon

It was 29 years ago today that one of my heroes was silenced by a crazed assassin's bullet. As I have done every Dec. 8 for as long as I can remember, I only listened to the music of John Lennon. I mostly went with the unplugged versions of his tunes this year, and I would like to share a couple of those songs that really stood out. I'm also including video from ABC's 'Monday Night Football' during which Howard Cosell tells the world the breaking news of Lennon's death. This is the way many received the sad news. Since I was only 11 at the time, I was already in bed, but my parents knew of my love for The Beatles. They woke me up to tell me. Like many of us alive at the time, I will never, ever forget that moment.

John Lennon - Watching the Wheels (mp3) from Acoustic
John Lennon - Real Love (mp3) from Acoustic

No comments: