Monday, September 28, 2020

Label Alert

Just ordered three 7" singles that have come out this year on Spinout Nuggets. The UK label has been around for a couple of years, but I have been a little slow to Spinout's charms because it sometimes co-releases albums with Shelflife Records on this side of the pond. The self-titled debut of Jetstream Pony and the impending release from the Luxembourg Signal are prime examples of these co-releases I got through Shelflife, but Spinout has exclusives by a few of my favorites I couldn't possibly resist.



Medway scenesters the Claim share a double-A-side single with Jim Riley's Blues Foundation. Despite the melancholy title, "Spring Turns To Winter" is a head bobbing piece of pop full of drum rolls and jangle.

Order here.


I got in early on the Treasures of Mexico, and the ex-members of fellow Medway band the Dentists made my list of fave albums in 2018. Indie-pop legend Beth Arzy joins in on "Heart Shaped Clock," making this their best song yet. Stunning sleeve work too.

Order here.

You'll feel "If Not Now, When?" right in the gut. Turn it up, man, but beware. That bass is a window rattler. The flip is a cover of 20/20's "Yellow Pills" that's been available digitally since New Year's Day, but I'm sure you would rather have it on wax, right?

Order here. As I said, keep an eye on Spinout, and save your shekels because this indie is on quite a roll.

No comments: