While you're eating your steamin' weenies and Uncle Red's macaroni salad, take a moment to remember why you're not stuck in your cubicle today. If you can, hug a veteran. Now on with the countdown, as Casey Kasem used to say. I'm trying to mix things up a bit from last year's summer collection. I know, I know... the '80s are overrepresented. Try to enjoy it anyway. Many of the songs on the sad side sound awfully happy, but listen closely. The lyrics tell a different story. Don't go searching for answers on the happy side. This is pure pop, folks, and I love the fluff.
1. Elvis Costello - The Other Side of Summer (mp3)
2. The Velvet Underground - Who Loves the Sun (mp3)
3. Bananarama - Cruel Summer (mp3)
4. The Drums - Saddest Summer (mp3)
5. Fountains of Wayne - It Must Be Summer (mp3)
6. The Zombies - Beachwood Park (mp3)
7. Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine (mp3)
8. The Go-Go's - Vacation (mp3)
9. Dire Straits - Twisting by the Pool (mp3)
10. Billy Idol - Hot in the City (mp3)
11. The Cars - Magic (mp3)
12. The Undertones - Here Comes the Summer (mp3)
Whatever Happened to ...?
9 hours ago